Join now - be part of our community!

Why is the VAIO Support website experience so bad?

profile.country.es_ES.title
chucco
Visitor

Why is the VAIO Support website experience so bad?

I recently bought a VAIO Duo 11 and am very happy with it on the most part. I've had some issues with the touch screen freaking out which can be sorted out by putting the machine to sleep and turning it back on, which makes it sound like an issue that can be fixed with a driver update.

In looking for driver updates in general I have had this experience:

- The list of updates in VAIO update seems to lag behind the ones available on the support page http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVD1121C5EB/updates - noteably a VAIO Control Center 6.1.2 update which VAIO Update doesn't show me.

- VAIO update recently showed a further BIOS update, newer than the one dated 31/12/2012, which I updated to, and now it's asking me if I want to 'upgrade' to the one they put out at the end of December.

- Clicking on any link on the 'tips and solutions' tab results in a page telling me that I lack sufficient privileges to access the site.

- The descriptions of updates are unhelpful to say the least. Questions running through my head when I see a driver or software application update are "Should I apply this patch? What does it fix? I wonder if there are some release notes or a changelog?". The answer I get from VAIO 'support' when I look to see what either of the two BIOS updates have fixed? "Improves BIOS". How about the latest minor point release of VAIO Control Center? Pray tell, oracle of wisdom and information that is the VAIO support site, what's changed between version 6.0.9 and 6.1.2? The answer? "Improve VAIO Control Center Application".

This is very irritating. Has VAIO support always been this bad? Do Sony plan on improving it at all?

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0