Join now - be part of our community!

WHY STILL NO SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ???

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MJBALTIC
Explorer

WHY STILL NO SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ???

I was trying to update my VAIO SVL2413M1EB today, as Microsoft has offered me Windows 10 and I can't do it.

Update gives me an error and nothing is working.

SONY, it's very bad !!!

I know you have abandoned VAIO, but don't force people to get rid of all your products, because you will loose even more at the end.

My friend has got HP laptop 3 times cheaper then my SONY VAIO and he was able to update everything straight away and everything works !!!

SONY SUCKS !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi MJBALTIC and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I'm using an Advent PC and can't upgrade yet either, so it may not just be Sony.

Mind you, Sony advises all Vaio users not to upgrade at the moment anyway.

Have you had a look at the Windows 10 Upgrade page on the site Here?

Also have a look at the Windows 10 'Alerts' page Here.

"WARNING: There is a risk of software/driver corruption. We therefore strongly recommend that you do not upgrade to Windows 10 when it becomes available on July 29.

Sony is now testing Windows 10 and will be providing compatibility information during the summer of 2015. The release schedule will vary according to the different products.

With regards to Sony VAIO personal computers, we are preparing a Windows 10 upgrade procedure – together with the necessary drivers and software* – for compatible models released after October 2012 (which were delivered with the Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system preinstalled). Please note that Sony is currently not planning on providing an upgrade procedure, nor drivers and utilities, for older models which were released with Windows 7 or previous versions of Windows preinstalled.

Please wait until the upgrade information is released. Visit our support website regularly for the latest information and updates about this topic.

*Note that some of the functions, utilities or other software on your computer might be missing or not working properly after the Windows 10 upgrade."

They really aren't ignoring Vaio users, in fact quite the opposite as they are still testing.

I realise It may not be ideal for you but it is safer for you and other Vaio owners to wait until all the drivers etc. have been sorted out instead of corrupting drivers / software.

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi MJBALTIC and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I'm using an Advent PC and can't upgrade yet either, so it may not just be Sony.

Mind you, Sony advises all Vaio users not to upgrade at the moment anyway.

Have you had a look at the Windows 10 Upgrade page on the site Here?

Also have a look at the Windows 10 'Alerts' page Here.

"WARNING: There is a risk of software/driver corruption. We therefore strongly recommend that you do not upgrade to Windows 10 when it becomes available on July 29.

Sony is now testing Windows 10 and will be providing compatibility information during the summer of 2015. The release schedule will vary according to the different products.

With regards to Sony VAIO personal computers, we are preparing a Windows 10 upgrade procedure – together with the necessary drivers and software* – for compatible models released after October 2012 (which were delivered with the Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system preinstalled). Please note that Sony is currently not planning on providing an upgrade procedure, nor drivers and utilities, for older models which were released with Windows 7 or previous versions of Windows preinstalled.

Please wait until the upgrade information is released. Visit our support website regularly for the latest information and updates about this topic.

*Note that some of the functions, utilities or other software on your computer might be missing or not working properly after the Windows 10 upgrade."

They really aren't ignoring Vaio users, in fact quite the opposite as they are still testing.

I realise It may not be ideal for you but it is safer for you and other Vaio owners to wait until all the drivers etc. have been sorted out instead of corrupting drivers / software.

SONY still sucks cos they are leaving customers with Windows 7 in the lurch, Microsoft are making upgrades available for Windows 7 therefore SONY should do the right thing and provide the support necessary to allow upgrade instead of abandoning their faithful customers or, dont they give a damn!!!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi jacktheladddd and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Although it may not be ideal for you please believe that Sony are working on it.

profile.country.GB.title
Bill-Taylor13

My VAIO VGN-AW31S failed the Wnrdows 10 compatibility checker with NVIDIA graphics drivers will not support Windows 10 modes. NVIDIA website reports my VAIO needs updates via Sony

profile.country.GB.title
gaarbon50

I can understand that Sony are working on it.. But why are we having to wait until November for the driver updates!! Sony really should get it sorted out before then. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
aqualung.
Explorer

In the same boat (vaio vpcca3c5e shippped with win 7). Cost over £800 and now getting shafted too, so typical of Sony 

cox_hd
New

Updated 2 days ago and the update worked perfect. All drivers updated and everything works fine. Device is Vaio SVE1512E6E. 

larasovic
Explorer

I am so disapointed in sony again. Why do we have to wait again? I want to update my vaio SVF13N1J2ES but am afraid of all the warnings on the sony website. I think it is not fair to us that we paid so much but get nothing in return. I mean the same thing happend with the lollipop update. So sad really.

colinmaroon
Explorer

NOVEMBER????