Join now - be part of our community!

WHY STILL NO SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ???

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MJBALTIC
Explorer

WHY STILL NO SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ???

I was trying to update my VAIO SVL2413M1EB today, as Microsoft has offered me Windows 10 and I can't do it.

Update gives me an error and nothing is working.

SONY, it's very bad !!!

I know you have abandoned VAIO, but don't force people to get rid of all your products, because you will loose even more at the end.

My friend has got HP laptop 3 times cheaper then my SONY VAIO and he was able to update everything straight away and everything works !!!

SONY SUCKS !!!

70 REPLIES 70
colinmaroon
Explorer

Is it honestly going to be November before I'll be able to upgrade my Ultrabook to Windows 10?

larasovic
Explorer

Colinmaroon, afraid so. I don't think they are in a rush or anytihing. I am so disapointed really.
colinmaroon
Explorer

What's even more frustrating is that it's all up in the air.   Why can't we be notified of a proper time schedule.

I see that someone has received their updates, why not the rest of us?

profile.country.en_GB.title
davejo90

I have a Vaio SVS1511S9ES and updated to Windows 10 three days ago with no adverse problems...yet

I ensured I did a full backup first and also as it's classed as an upgrade Windows allows you to uninstall Windows 10 for up to a month after you upgraded

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

Maybe sony didn't get the memo, Windows 10 was coming probably got hacked. :slight_smile: I've had windows 10 on my vaio since launch and it's fine,
iagibso49

November is disgusting.

They've had access to Windows 10 for long enough to have their computers prepared.

maaritr
Explorer

I'm strongly considering bying a new laptop because of this. And will not be bying any Sony products in the future. This has been really dissapointing.

vulcan43
Explorer

Thanks Sony, you are abdicating support for windows 7 users all over the world. You may live to regret this decision as ther may be a boycott of ALL Sony products by these users. Come on Sony, do the right thing and support all owners of Sony PC's

davejo90

@maaritr wrote:

I'm strongly considering bying a new laptop because of this. And will not be bying any Sony products in the future. This has been really dissapointing.

Sony are not making laptops anymore so we wont be able to buy from them anyway, which maybe why they're in no rush to solve the issues you're having. It's a shame as I do really like the Sony spec for their machines.
Peteandpam15
Explorer

Please help.  Can I uninstall windows 10.  We installed it but then realised Sony Viao says do not.  How difficult is it to uninstall.  Obviously having problems, no touch screen etc. and we did have 8.1.  Do we sit tight as is and wait for it to work when we get correct river from Sony or can we uninstall.   HELP please.  we are silly old age pensioners and have not got a clue now what to do.  Kind regards