Join now - be part of our community!

WHY STILL NO SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ???

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MJBALTIC
Explorer

WHY STILL NO SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ???

I was trying to update my VAIO SVL2413M1EB today, as Microsoft has offered me Windows 10 and I can't do it.

Update gives me an error and nothing is working.

SONY, it's very bad !!!

I know you have abandoned VAIO, but don't force people to get rid of all your products, because you will loose even more at the end.

My friend has got HP laptop 3 times cheaper then my SONY VAIO and he was able to update everything straight away and everything works !!!

SONY SUCKS !!!

70 REPLIES 70
profile.country.GB.title
simplygrey
Explorer

SVE1713C5E bought online from Sony May 2013.

August 2016 and still no suppport! Still two unknown devices in Device Manager - ACPI\SNYA008\4&1E69DD36&0 & ACPI\SNY5001\4&1E69DD36&0. Pretty dammed pathetic!

profile.country.GB.title
simplygrey
Explorer

They may no longer manufacture VAIO's but they do make other products. Recently bought another TV following a house move. Bought it from an organisation that supports its products, i.e. not Sony.

profile.country.en_GB.title
seylectric

Sony sold their Vaoi business so it's effectively nothing to do with them. Put it this way, let's say you're an electrical service engineer but were retiring so sold the business on. Would you be expected to come out of retirement every time a client had a problem?

I'm not aiming this comment at you specifically but that sort of attitude seems to be pretty childish to me. I would rather buy what I consider to be the best product, whether that's Sony or not. I just wish people would put the same energy into complaning about things that really matter in this world and it might be a much better place for a lot more people.

As for the computers there is a wealth of support online for Windows 10, probably more than most other subjects. The operating system is produced by Microsoft, not Sony. Regardless, I upgraded my Vaio Duo 11 and have had no problems whatsoever, but if it's not compatible it's not compatible, get over it people.

davwilso29
Explorer

I really couldn't give a damn. My VAIO is working perfectly well with windows 10 and all subsequent updates
profile.country.en_GB.title
davejo90

I suppose another analogy would be that if you bought a brand new car and then a year later decided to put a new engine in it would you really expect the car manufacturer to maintain it? I know I wouldn't as it was my choice to upgrade.

Windows 10 Upgrade issue: Driver software required

Need Drivers for Memory stick Pro Duo and for others hardware applications on the Laptop SVT1511C5E

profile.country.GB.title
Spendwell

simplygrey - If you can identify the 2 devices, the Windows 8 drivers on the support page for your model will almost certainly be accepted by Windows 10.

This has never failed for me.

If anyone reading this is still thinking of switching from 8.1 to 10,  I would urge you to first back up all of your 8.1 drivers using free software Double Driver. After installing 10 - and then finding question marks in device manager, simply select "update driver"  and point the update at the usb stick containing your back up of your 8.1 drivers.

You now have a working driver and can forget about it until Sony or Microsoft will one day replace that driver with a shiny new W10 version. :slight_smile:

Ho aggiornato due Vaio uno con Windows 7 e l'altro con Window vista in tutti e due non mi va più il driver e non mi sente più il CD 

profile.country.GB.title
Spendwell

Windows 10 dovrebbe accettare i driver audio per Windows 7 o Windows 8 che saranno sulla pagina di supporto driver per la Vaio periferica .
In modo che sia una possibile soluzione.

onepablo
Explorer

@davwilso29 wrote:
I really couldn't give a damn. My VAIO is working perfectly well with windows 10 and all subsequent updates

Thanks for that. A really helpful contribution for all of us struggling... good of you to let us know.