Join now - be part of our community!

Why VAIO

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonyb.
New

Why VAIO

My lap top came over a year ago with a load of VAIO stuff already loaaded. I Have never used any of it and the regulaar pop ups have proved irritating. Now my virus software has detected viruses trying to get into my laptop via VAIO Support. Do I need any of this stuff? Can I safely delete any I find I do not need?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tonyb,

In theroy you can delete most of the software, such as CD/DVD burning applications that came pre-installed on your vaio..

But if you are not short of space then I would be inclined to leave it installed you never know you might want it at some time..:smileywink:

Software such as the untiles that allow system recoveries, control hot keys, etc I would not recommend uninstalling

@tonyb. wrote:

Now my virus software has detected viruses trying to get into my laptop via VAIO Support. Do I need any of this stuff? Can I safely delete any I find I do not need?

As to a virus trying to get into your laptop via Vaio support, it's highly doubtful that Sony would send out a virus..

Users reported instances of incorrect Virus warnings in the past so I suspect it's possibly a false positive, you may be able contact your Virus software manufacturer to confirm this..