Join now - be part of our community!

WiFi Doesn't work on my new vaio

giuppe
Visitor

WiFi Doesn't work on my new vaio

Hi guys

I have bought a couple of days ago a VAio VGN FS215E. It's a wondefull notebook but I have a big problem with the Wlan.

I have in my office an Access point ( D-Link) and a wifilan that work with my other laptos (Dell). When I try to connect with vaio the utility and/or Xp-home, after have tested the internal hardware, says that there is no wireless signal.

It looks quite strange because 20 cm aside Dell says me that the signal is ok.

I have tested all the possibility, I'm sure the card is activated by windows and the switch is turned on. I tryed also to change some parameter in the configuration but without any success.

It seems to me as the antenna of the wifi module have some problems.

:cry:

Help me please. Next step should be open the case but i don't like very much the idea of opening anew laptop

I can understand that I cann't connect to my lan for some configuration error but that the wifi module doesn't "Heard" any signal seem to me very strange...

Thank you in advance

Giuppe

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi giuppe and welcome.

Have a look at page 50 to 56 of your on-line user guide ¿ you may find a solution there.
Click here.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
giuppe
Visitor

hte problem is that my Vaio don't found any wireless lan signal.
Since point 5 all is ok and easy. Between 5 and 6 istead something doesn't work.

I think that can be something in the module wifi on the laptop that doesn't find any signal.

someone has any idea?

REgards

Giuppe

Ash911
Visitor

Hey,

I had this problem with Dell laptop. Try activating the WiFi card (which I assume is on-board) in the startup screen - on a Vaio I THINK this involves holding F2 or something down when the laptop first starts up.

Have a little look in the options somewhere and see if the card is actually turned on or activated.

Good luck, hope that helps.