Join now - be part of our community!

WiFi Problem On 2012 S Series

profile.country.en_GB.title
Kyotofu92
New

WiFi Problem On 2012 S Series

Hello , I am experiencing problems with my new S Series Laptop (SVS1511C5E) which frequently (Literally every 20 seconds) disconnects from my BT Home Hub 3 . I know it is a problem with the computer its self and not the modem router as the other two laptops and game consoles in the house connect without hassle. I only recieved my laptop on the 8th July 2012 and have searched Google for advice . I have updated drivers ,  restarted router and fiddled with some Vaio settings but it is still disconnecting . Can anyone find a solution to this ? As a temporary measure i have moved the hub beside my laptop to connect via cable which is of course , much more reliable.

Thanks In Advance.

2 REPLIES 2
firionicable
Visitor

You can check your BT Home Hub 3 and be sure that it can support more than 2 device connected at the same time. I am not sure what seems to be the problem, but BT gets a lot of complaints about it.

Kyotofu92
New

I know my Router can support several devices as i usually have 2 PS3s and and sometimes 2 other family laptops as well as my HTC smartphone connected simultaneously.