Join now - be part of our community!

Win 7 upgrade in VNG-CR31Z/R

profile.country.pt_PT.title
lusmacha
Visitor

Win 7 upgrade in VNG-CR31Z/R

Hello peolpe:

I've Upgraded my laptop to Win7 64 bits because I use often Autodesk Autocad and Inventor so 3Gb of memory is very short. I need the 4 Gb and now is becoming short too. Anyway.......

So after a year I decided to take a change since this model isn't elegible to the sony upgrade.

What i'm asking is if anyone knows how to install properly the Vaio Media to make the AV Mode working properly. And I think we need to install some programs in some sequence. I'm I wright?

Ohter question: touchpad - doesn't work the scroll. I've tryed many thing but nothing (is it ALPS or Synaptics?). I the device manager it says that's a "HID" point device.

Last question: Of course some Fn Keys don't work - Brightness, LCD, zoom and sleep (i think).

Can you help me with this one.

I've seached the web but can't find the wright answers.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
counterlock
Explorer

i had a similar problem on an old laptop. The Fn keys is the utilities package that you should be able to download from the support page for your laptop this should restore at least some functionality.

if its a generic driver installed for the touchpad by the os this is probably why your not able to scroll. I would go direct to the Alps/snaptics websites for drivers from there

profile.country.en_GB.title
tony.dixon
Visitor

I have the same issue with VNG-AR61S, I need 4Gb of ram. I tried in without any success to get drivers (64 bit video driver) from support :smileyconfused:. I have called no help :smileyshocked:. Searched online no help :smileyangry:, the only option I have is to buy a new laptop and i can tell you now that will not be a VIAO..

I have not meet a computer company that has such an utter contempt for there customers as sony!

So Dell here i come!

Message was edited by: tony.dixon

Message was edited by: tony.dixon

profile.country.pt_PT.title
lusmacha
Visitor

The update from Win7 64 bits has new drivers from ATI. So that part is ok thanks to Microsoft (some times they do good things :smileylaugh:).

Tony I'm thinking like you, the next one isn't gonna be a VAIO.

Hope someone answer our questions.