Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7 on VGX-XL100

gfiastre
Visitor

Windows 7 on VGX-XL100

Hi all,

I tried the fresh install of Win7 Utlimate on my good old VGX-XL100. Except for memory upgrade (2GB) and a second HD, no changes on it. It means AverMedia Hybrid A16C tuner card and GeForce 6600 customized by Sony.
It ran previously WinXP, MCE 2005 (no upgrade to Vista).

I installed Win7. It was a long and tiring exercise, but finally worked. Could get the sound to work, could disconnect FireWire from BIOS to startup, etc.

i uninstalled nVidia drivers, and reinstalled Windows 7 nVidia drivers and DVB-T HD works approximately: 5 seconds necessary when opening a channel before it is unblurred. Afterwards, it stutters sometimes, but it's OK.
But I have an issue: unbale to record TV. When I watch a TV program, it's OK. If I press the record button, the screen goes black with a "no tv signal" message. Same if I program recording while TV is off. So no recording now...
Time shifting works though.

I know I can replace the Tuner card, and apparently replacing the video card is hard.
Anyone has an advice for me? How could I get my recording back?

Thanks in advance,
Guillaume

PS: I live in France and use DVB-T to watch TV.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
jamkirk4
Explorer

Guillaume,

Let me know if you are still having issues. My brother recently gave me his old VGX-XL100 and I managed to get Windows 7 Ultimate working correctly on it. It took a long time to collect all of the correct drivers but if you still need them I am happy to share.

Also, I have not upgraded any of the hardware but I would like to fit a new GFX card and TV card to it, have you any experience of which models are compatable?

Thanks,

James

profile.country.en_GB.title
Crizby
Visitor

Hia

Ive read that a PNY GeForce GT 430 Graphics Card  will fit the VGX-XL100 & will alow you to run 1080p HD & it compatable with 300W PSU. You can get them off ebay for about £50 (in the UK).

I have just been given a VGX-XL100 & am going to put win 7 on it so I would be interested in a copy of all the drivers you have collected if you do not mind sending them me.

Thanks.

Chris

Message was edited by: -Cass-