Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7 Pro logon times on VPCCW1 SLOW

Windows 7 Pro logon times on VPCCW1 SLOW

I have a Sony Vaio VPCCW1 laptop with a Centrino 2 P8700 Processor, 4GB DDR3 1066Mhz RAM, 500GB SATA HDD, Windows 7 Pro. It's taking 25-35 seconds to logon.

From entering the username and password I get the 'Welcome' screen for a long period before the desktop is finally displayed.

I've tried it with disabling my Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, uninstalling various 'Vaio bloatware' applications to no avail.

On my older desktop PC which has Core2Duo E6700 with just 2GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM

Nothing in task manager appears to be 'chewing resources' I am not logging on to a domain at all.

I'm stumped and frustrated.

Once I am logged in everything is 'speedy' as Windows 7 is, but this logon is rather lengthy. Even if I 'boot up' and it's at the logon screen for a few minutes before I enter my username/password it still takes a long time on the 'Welcome' screen.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

What's my best route to get this answered 'within' Sony's offices?

This awful 'lag' is shocking. Maybe it's the proprietary drivers that the laptop uses being poorly written and optimised.

Already thinking this is my first and last Vaio...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Stuart and welcome.

This is a user forum where users like you and me offer assistance if we can.

It doesn't seem that others have the same problem.

You could try the official Vaio Support by choosing 'Support' at the top of this page, logging in with your model type and then choosing 'Get in Touch'. I am unsure if this direct link will work:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCCW1

Are you using the original operating system?

:thinking: