Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7 upgrade - how to go about it ?

profile.country.GB.title
chidanus
Explorer

Windows 7 upgrade - how to go about it ?

Hi folks,

As windows 7 release has taken place officially, I would be grateful if anyone could throw some light on how should one approach the upgrade.

I run windows vista home premium 32 bit on an AR71S.

1.Do I need to contact Sony to get the upgrade CD or can I buy it from Microsoft or other vendors, say Amazon(The reason why I am asking this is, because the laptop comes with Sony’s software) ?

2.Also could you explain how would I get the drivers for Windows 7 ?
I see some documents that say an ‘in place ‘upgrade is possible. Does that mean this upgrade would be seamless – meaning, drivers and other Sony applications will be available/working after the upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cheers
dan

1 REPLY 1
ash_c64
Visitor

If your entitled to get a free upgrade get it from here http://www.vaiowindows7upgrade.com/home

If your planning to buy the upgrade then you need to buy a Windows 7 home premium 32bit so you can do a in-place upgrade so you do not lose the pre-installed sony products... You can purchase this fom anywhere, doesnt have to be sony.

You cannot get the sony software from anywhere else which i think is not good as i upgraded from a 32bit Vista to 64bit windows 7 and sony told me i cannot get that software unless i done a in-place upgrade, so i lost out on all those programs...

Most drivers work from vista but there should be win 7 drivers on the support page.