Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7 (Upgrade) on VGN-AR51SU Problem

paboulo62
New

Windows 7 (Upgrade) on VGN-AR51SU Problem

Hello,
i own a Vaio VGN-AR51SU and i am running Windows Vista Ultimate. I wanted to install Windows 7 and i am having a problem. While upgrading it stops and it rollbacks to my Vista and gives me this error:

These devices might not work properly after the upgrade. Before upgrading, we recommend updating the drivers for these devices. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel and search for "update device drivers", or go to the device manufacturer's website to search for updated drivers.             

o Storage controllers: SCSI/RAID Host Controller
o Network adapters: Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter

Does anybody knows where i can find the drivers for the SCSI/Raid controllers?
I checked the Device manager and it does not give me a lot of help...

any help would be appreciated
Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Trod80 and welcome

Your best bet is the latest Win7 driver for the SCSI/RAID Controller for your PM965 chipset direct from Intel - IATA89ENU.exe

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2800&DwnldID=17882〈=eng

:wink:

profile.country.DE.title
palaroc24
New

I have successfully installed windows 7 from scratch (by reinitialing initial boot partition) onto my Vaio AR51SU, following instructions having been very usefull: http://multidisciplinary.wordpress.com/2009/02/03/windows-7-x64-on-sony-vgn-ar51su-drivers/

paboulo62
New

Thanks for the help but i decided to make a clean install to avoid any other problems and now i am using Windows 7 ultimate. The only problem if you can say it is a problem is that i can not disable the Sony illuminating logo. appmon utility is responsible for this and it is not available on the Sony website. Has anyone found a way to disable this?
Thanks.

paboulo62
New

Thanks for the help but i decided to make a clean install to avoid any other problems and now i am using Windows 7 ultimate. The only problem if you can say it is a problem is that i can not disable the Sony illuminating logo. appmon utility is responsible for this and it is not available on the Sony website. Has anyone found a way to disable this?  
Thanks.

Anyone knows a way to disable the sony led logo on the 32bit version of Windows 7?

paboulo62
New

Thanks.

Anyone knows a way to disable the sony led logo on the 32bit version of Windows 7?

Still no one?

paboulo62
New

Thanks.

So no one has installed Windows 7 on a VGN-AR51SU and disabled the Sony logo?

checker501
Visitor

Hallo,
mein Grafiktreiber (s.Bild) ist nicht wirklich aktuell. Vaio bietet keine Updates an, da das Modell AR51SU nicht für Win7-Upgrade unterstützt wird. Mein Win7 meckert bei der Aktualisierung des Leistungsindex (Eigenschaften Computer) u.a. Hat jemand einen Tip, wie man aktuellere GraKa-Treiber ins AR51SU patched?

!http://www.f3a.de/vvk/8600MGT.jpg|src=http://www.f3a.de/vvk/8600MGT.jpg|border=0!

Danke für hilfreichen Tip.
bye, ch.

----

my video drivers (see picture) is not really current. Vaio does not offer any updates because AR51SU is not supported to Win7-upgrade. My Win7 bleats but the updating of the performance index in the computer-properties. Does anyone have a tip on how to patch more recent displaydriver into AR51SU?

thx for helpful tips.
bye, ch.