Join now - be part of our community!

windows 8.1 clean install

SOLVED
fedddda
New

windows 8.1 clean install

i did a clean install of windows 8.1 and now i want to install vaio control center for the fan control feature. But i cant install it. Iam getting an error message sayin: a newly version has already been installed on your computer. installation is stopped. What iam i doing wrong?

I tried installed every vaio control center on this page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVP1321M2EB/updates

Is there any Required software i must install before it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi fedddda and welcome.

Sony do not support a clean install of Windows 8.1.  The supplied drivers and software only support an UPGRADE as many of the drivers are updates to drivers already installed in Windows 8.  The existing drivers need to be already installed.

Have you installed ALL the Windows 8.1 drivers in the link you provide?

It may be possible to install the Windows 8 software before the 8.1 updates but the only sure way to get everything working is to recover to Windows 8 using your recovery discs and upgrade to Windows 8.1 following Sony's instructions in the attached PDF.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi fedddda and welcome.

Sony do not support a clean install of Windows 8.1.  The supplied drivers and software only support an UPGRADE as many of the drivers are updates to drivers already installed in Windows 8.  The existing drivers need to be already installed.

Have you installed ALL the Windows 8.1 drivers in the link you provide?

It may be possible to install the Windows 8 software before the 8.1 updates but the only sure way to get everything working is to recover to Windows 8 using your recovery discs and upgrade to Windows 8.1 following Sony's instructions in the attached PDF.

:thinking: