Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 8 Brightness control F5/F6 not working.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Owenss

Windows 8 Brightness control F5/F6 not working.

I recently had to reload Win 7 & 8 after My SVE1511C5E became unstable following updating to Win 8.1.

I followed the upgrade instructions exactly (as I had messed it up on a previous install) yet have the following problems: -

Brightness control via Fn F5 & F6 don't work?

I also get a warning sometimes warning that my computer can't verify a sony program I am installing is a valid program. I think it said something abour a shared library problem. I could not remember the exact words?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Owenss

Well I think I know what I did wrong. Following the W8 upgrade when I re-started after installing from the W8 disc I  had a window stating that ATI Radion drivers needed to be installed. I had pressed install instead of quiting and using the Vaio W8 updater to download the correct drivers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
takrzem

Fix from the other thread:

1.Launch Task Manager

2.Terminate two tasks 

•esrv.exe

•esrv_svc.exe

3.Delete “sony_acpi_battery_input.dll” Under “C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Care\ESRV\sony_acpi_battery_input.dll”

4.Restart PC

Owenss

Hi Takrzem,

Thanks for your help. However, I did as you suggested and still no luck with the Fn keys fro brightness. It looks like I will end up wiping and restore my Vaio to W7 then W8 and see how it goes.

Thanks

Owenss

Well I think I know what I did wrong. Following the W8 upgrade when I re-started after installing from the W8 disc I  had a window stating that ATI Radion drivers needed to be installed. I had pressed install instead of quiting and using the Vaio W8 updater to download the correct drivers.