Join now - be part of our community!

Windows configuration with Image in Office 2010

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
grador
Visitor

Windows configuration with Image in Office 2010

I posed a question on 13th about installing service pack 1. The nub problem seems that when I try to open an office application (eg word/excel), the Windows installer symbol appears, tries to open word, and says it is configuring with Microsoft Office image 2010, and then fails to do so. Thank you to Richie and others on solutions to SP1 . Is the heart of the issue the configuration with office?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
grador
Visitor

Thank you nikkilim,

Yes MS Office 2010 is installed on this Vaio all-in-one desktop, as is Windows 7 Home premium. 

The problem with Office started after an update from Windows got interuppted as the Vaio was switched off. Now the intsallation of Windows service pack 1 fails and also this configuration issue with Office occurs.

I understand that there could be a number of  reasons behind this issue not just the interuption.

Any ideas? Thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nikkilim
Visitor

Excel and Word are part of the MS Office 2010 package. can you verify that MS Office 2010 is already installed in this notebook? https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

grador
Visitor

Thank you nikkilim,

Yes MS Office 2010 is installed on this Vaio all-in-one desktop, as is Windows 7 Home premium. 

The problem with Office started after an update from Windows got interuppted as the Vaio was switched off. Now the intsallation of Windows service pack 1 fails and also this configuration issue with Office occurs.

I understand that there could be a number of  reasons behind this issue not just the interuption.

Any ideas? Thank you