Join now - be part of our community!

Windows Vista

Matt_Roche
Visitor

Windows Vista

Ok, I bought a new Sony Vaio laptop a week ago. The guy in the shop told me I would get a free upgrade to windows Vista, and there should be something in the box to tell me how to obtain it. Well, there's nothing in the box and after checking the windows website I can't see anything about getting a free upgrade.

Should I have it free as it's a Vista ready laptop? Or have I been lied to? Because if I wasn't going to get vista free, I would've waited an extra month or 2 until laptops actually came standard with it.

A quick reply would be greatly appreciated so I can take it up with the Sony Centre I bought it from, thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi matt,

Have you had a look at this site ..?

Matt_Roche
Visitor

Thanks for the link, that's what I need to get it! However.........

I filled it all in, then got to what seemed to be the last page, clicked next and it said 'An unrecoverable error has occured, please try again later. ' :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Matt,

Several people have posted, in this thread , that they are having problems with registering for the Vista upgrade, you may be able to contact Moduslink as they are dealing with the Vista upgrade, the number is 00800 666 44 666

Matt_Roche
Visitor

Cheers mate, i'll give that a go instead. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Good luck... :slight_smile: