Join now - be part of our community!

WinDvD for BD (Blu-ray) does not play disks on AR21S

jposner
Visitor

WinDvD for BD (Blu-ray) does not play disks on AR21S

Hi, my WinDvD (latest version) still does not play BD disks, i have UDF reader installed and windows explorer can read them fine. Region is set OK too.
Have tried re-installing.

What shared components does WinDVD use ? - does it use the Shared Video Library ? I seem to have both versions 2.01 and 3.00 installed.

Is there anything else i should check ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jposner
Visitor

nudge - anyone out there? sony support are USELESS. their only answer to everything is to recover the complete c: drive. must be a better way ? :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi

Sorry you're not getting much help. I suppose the truth is that relatively few Vaio users have blu-ray drives and so few have seen your problem.

It could be that Vaio Support's advice to "Recover Drive C:\" is the best available - I did see some statistics showing that a drive recovery fixed 95% of fixable optical drive problems.

All I can offer short of this are the things you have probably tried already: -

1. Make sure you have the latest (and the correct) firmware installed. There are updates for three different drives here at Vaio-Link Support
2. Make sure you have the latest updates for WinDVD BD by opening the program and searching for updates under the 'Help' section.
3. Uninstall the BD drive in Device Manager and reboot your Vaio to force Windows to refresh the drivers.
4. Uninstall your Primary IDE Channel under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers in Device Manager and reboot your Vaio to force Windows to refresh the drivers.
5. Reinstall WinDVD BD

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jposner,

Are you connected to the internet when your trying to watch the Blu-ray disc..?

To play some copyright Blu-ray discs you need to update the ACCS key and this requires internet access.. :thinking: