Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless connection of laptop to a TV

Topdog
Visitor

Wireless connection of laptop to a TV

Hi Folks

Happy New Year. I have just moved into a new apartment and would like to wall mount a flat screen TV.

Does anyone know if it is possible to wirelessly connect a laptop to a TV. I have a Vaio T1 and it would be great to sit on the sofa and be able to view what is on my tiny screen on the wall mounted TV.

Regards
David

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi David,

Have a look at this PC TO TV WIRELESS SENDER

You could also consider a network solution LIKE THIS ONE

:wink:

Topdog
Visitor

Thanks,
That looks great. Will decide which one to get over the next week.
Regards
avid

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Digisender is supposed to be good too

Dios
Visitor

Hy blencogo,

it seems that you could help me.

I have a VGN-S5HP and a samsung le27t51B flat tv. The tv has a pc connection that looks like the port i have o the right of my notebook. So, i bought a cable to connect both but i have no image (in fact i have one for like 5 seconds and after this it's gone with the message 'no cable signal').

What can i do, it drives me mad. It works, but not for long...for the five seconds i can see the mouse and a window if i drag it into it.

What can i do? If someone else knows, please help.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dios,

There is a known incompatibility between some Sony Vaios and some Samsung displays. As far as I know no-one has found a fix yet. It just seems that there is a basic incompatibility.

Have a look at some of the links in THIS THREAD as some people have had success by trying a few things.

This was Sony's helpful reply to the last enquiry: -

"Thank you for contacting us.
Unfortunately there is a compatibility issue with Samsung Monitors.
As yet there is no solution."

:slight_frown:

Dios
Visitor

Thanks blencogo for the quick answer; i solved the problem by disabling the vaio event service but now i don't find the thread where it is said how to see a movie on this tv.

I get only a black image , not a thing though i can see everything i drag into it only not movies( it was something with.."interlaced"). if you can help "one more time".

thanks.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_