Join now - be part of our community!

wireless drivers problems

ant1uk
Visitor

wireless drivers problems

I have updated the drivers for the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG or Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Adapter Driver Version 10.5.1.59a (for Windows XP)

I also updated the Wireless Switch Setting Utility Update Version 3.3.00.0214

I updated these from the Club Vaio site and now when i restart i get an error message saying there is a problem with the wireless switch setting, i have uninstalled them and reinstalled them even did a clean restore. i own a Vgn-S3 i tried to call vaio link but i cant speak to them because my vaio is over 12 months old and i got to phone a premium rate number which is stupid and there online help is useless they take a couple of weeks to reply with a stupid answer. any help here would be much appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
martynrb
Visitor

Good morning ant1uk.
I have an S3XP and also had problems installing this update a while ago.
I did a machine restore and reinstalled all the vaio updates in order by date.
I seem to recall that when I got to the wireless drivers the procedure installed OK and disappeared from the screen but never actually gave an install complete or finish message. So what I did was to run the installation again, which gave a repair option. Chose that, then the installation completed and asked for reboot.
Hope this works for you.
Martyn.

ant1uk
Visitor

I tried installing the wireless driver using the repair mode then installing the switch driver after, I still get the same message come up saying wireless switch utility problem, im not sure what else i can do other than restore to the original drivers