Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Lan Connects, Disconnects & reconnects

Mister_Taf
Visitor

Wireless Lan Connects, Disconnects & reconnects

Has anyone else come across this, and if so did you fix it?

I have a Vaio FZ11-Z load with Vista. Once logged in, Vista connects to my router via the wireless interface. it stays connected for about a minute, and then the connection drops. After about another 30 seconds, it reconnects. This only happens with the sony. My other devices stay connected. Any Ideas?

I was hoping that Vista SP1 would sort the problem out, but I am unable to install SP1. It keeps uninstalling itself after getting all the way to 100% on stage 3 of the install. Reading past threads, it appears to be related to out-of-date drivers. Any news from Sony on getting this sorted? I'm getting a little frustrated.....

5 REPLIES 5
DrContinental
Visitor

I have something similar with my FZ11Z where the network symbol initially comes up, but when you mouse over it to connect, it goes white as if the box times out somehow.Then when i let it close back down after having it stuck on the screen for a minute or so, it connects, but disconnects almost immediately.

This will happen once or twice until i eventually gain a successful connection.

Any feedback would be great.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mister_Taf,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Have you installed both the Wireless Switch Setting Utility Update Version 3.6.01.18210 and the Intel Wireless LAN Driver 11.1.1.16..

Use the following link to download the updates: Sony Support FZ11Z Drivers and Updates Downloads

DrContinental
Visitor

Is this likely to help my problem also?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Is this likely to help my problem also?

If you have not installed these updates then yes hopefully it should help.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
joes1999999
Visitor

i have the same problem....ive tried everything

does anyone have an answer ?

vaio vgnfe41e vista home premium

thanks

off topic... why is there no search box for this website...... ? makes you wonder