Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless LAN

JimDavis
Visitor

Wireless LAN

Hi,

Can anyone give me some advice on WLAN setup please ?

After I bought my VAIO in November, I used the 30 day trial of Web 'n Walk, but did not take out a contract with them because of the price.

I have recently gone for the 3 Broadband which is 3Gb a month for 18 months at £15 per month. This comes with a free Huawei dongle, and that all works fine.

However, I would like to run it using the VAIO's built in WLAN, as I did with the Web 'n Walk.

The T-Mobile Communications Centre will not allow me to use that software (not surprisingly I suppose), and I have failed to adapt the 3 USB Modem software to run from the machine, rather than the dongle.

I'm sure there must be a way of doing this, but have completely failed to date.

I would very much appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Jim

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jim,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Does any of Blencogo's post in this thread help, use the following link to View the thread:WWAN Application

JimDavis
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for the suggestion, and yes it was a great help.

I uninstalled the T-mobile software, and downloaded the Globetrotter Connect. It is working (which is great), but is not quite right somewhere along the line. On occasions it doesn't recognise the device, and I haven't worked out quite when or why this is going to happen. I think there are some conflicts with the previous settings which need to be resolved.

I worked out that in the WWAN connection utility section of the main VAIO smart network window, the application needed to be changed from the T-mobile file to
C:\Program Files\Option\GlobeTrotterConnect\GlobeTrotterConnect.exe
but if I click on the Activation button it is still taking me to the T-mobile 30 day offer screen. I can't see any way to change/delete that, and I don't know whether that is anything to do with it. If you know how this can be done, I would be interested to try and see if it makes any difference.

Many thanks for your help.

Jim.