Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless PCI Card

Danny.padova
Visitor

Wireless PCI Card

I am getting a Wireless networking for my Xmas this year. I just want to know can i install a Wireless PCI Card with my Sony VAIO RZ422P? so that i can use Wireless networking with my Custom made Pc in the hall. I'm getting Belkin Networking kit the PCU card is:-

Belkin 54MB Wireless Desktop PCI Network Card

Can i open the case up and replace it with this PCI Card? I also getting the PS2 and Xbox and custom PC and my laptop all Wireless (G mode). I just want to know if i can put a PCI Card in the VAIO Machine??

Cheers

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yes that should be no problem.
Make sure you earth youself by touching a radiator

mathrobe
Visitor

hi i haven,t done this myself but if you go to control panel - netwok and internet connections there is a wireless network set-up wizard it might help

Danny.padova
Visitor

U Sure? So can u show me what my motherbroad is like?

kee-lo_

There's a spare PCI slot in there Danny.
It's a long white socket.

They look like this:

Akanksha
Visitor

Belkin has its own wireless networking monitor, but if you have windows XP SP2, then let windows do it, else they both clash!

William
Visitor

I have an RZ502P which is probably similar and there was at least one spare PCI socket available which enabled me to fit a wireless PCI card and have it up and running in a few minutes.

William

kee-lo_

There's one in the RA104.

Akanksha: with Microsoft's track record I know I'd stick with Belkin :slight_smile:

Danny.padova
Visitor

Al keep u guys up to date with whats gonna happen. What wireless are all ur guys on with. I have a Linksys Wired Router BEFRS41. Should i just get an access point?