Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Switch - Where is it?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
beckybirch
Visitor

Wireless Switch - Where is it?

Can anyone help? I have a notebook which yesterday, after connecting to Wi-fi in a pub, no longer functioned when I returned home. The computer is telling me that the wireless is switched off, however there is no button on my notebook to switch it back on. It seems there may be a function key, however no idea what this is. Have tried troubleshooting etc but no help. Can anyone advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That is the chassis type for a 10.1" laptop - you probably have a VPCM12M1E.

Here is page 47 of your User Guide: -

M12Wireless.jpg

The physical wireless switch (2) is probably on the front of your Vaio marked WIRELESS.

Good Luck

:wink:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Becky,

This can be different on different models.  Can you please let us know your Vaio model type?

Thanks

beckybirch
Visitor

Good point. I think it is a PCG-21313M. 

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That is the chassis type for a 10.1" laptop - you probably have a VPCM12M1E.

Here is page 47 of your User Guide: -

M12Wireless.jpg

The physical wireless switch (2) is probably on the front of your Vaio marked WIRELESS.

Good Luck

beckybirch
Visitor

OMG there it is! I must be getting old. I looked all over the machine (obviously not everywhere) and never saw it. I  can't believe it was that easy. Thank you and next time I'll make sure I come up with a more complicated question! :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Not too complicated I hope!!

Hope all is now well.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.fr_BE.title
patapoof
New

I have a VPCM12M1E/L for couple of months now and I never knew there was a wireless switch down there ...oh well ...you were not the only one ...does it shut of the wifi radio or the bluetooth too ?