Join now - be part of our community!

Wirless LAN not working nor is LED light

Wirless LAN not working nor is LED light

My notebook has suddenly decided not to operate wireless LAN it tells me its not connected and the Wireless LAN LED light at the front of the notebook isnt working (yep its switched on OK :tongue: just isnt working) is it a software issue, or is it a hardware problem and time for the screwdrivers and claw hammer ?!!!! :smileygrin:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi keanewasrightsellronnie and welcome.

What model Vaio do you have? The solution may be different for different models.

Do you have a green square icon in the taskbar? If so, double click on it and check the 2.4GHz WLAN is enabled in the dialogue box.

:thinking:

alekoo8
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I had this same problem after installing Vista SP1. The Wireless LED went out and i couldn't get it to initialise in the Wireless Function Utilty in the System Tray. I had to use System Restore to go back a step. Very kindly, Ruu had posted a link to some updated Intel Wireless drivers - http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=55888&offset=20.

Make sure you problem solve the Wireless Function Utilty gizmo before updating your drivers.

Good luck.

My notebook has suddenly decided not to operate wireless LAN it tells me its not connected and the Wireless LAN LED light at the front of the notebook isnt working (yep its switched on OK  :tongue: just isnt working)   is it a software issue, or is it a hardware problem and time for the screwdrivers and claw hammer ?!!!! :smileygrin:

WEll i'll be damned its working again now ??!!!? I didnt do anything ...not even threaten it with the claw hammer :devil:

Thanks for replies guys - take it easy

Keane was right...sell Ronnie :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Vista has a habit of sorting some problems after a few boots.

Glad its working now.

:slight_smile: