Join now - be part of our community!

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!! vaio SVE1712c5e

profile.country.en_GB.title
invernesspl
Visitor

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!! vaio SVE1712c5e

I recently purchased a new Vaio SVE1712c5e through the Sony Vaio website.

Firstly the touch pad is absolutely useless! Sony have tried to make the touch pad look like an Apple Mac, and it just does not work! When trying to right click 8 times out of 10 it will left click no matter how much you try to click in the far bottom right corner! (I have adjuted the touch pad settings with no luck) Also the touch pad will randomly click on links that you hover over. Its a waste of time!

Having typed the model number of the laptop in to Google I have seen pages upon pages of people complaining of the same problem.

Second problem is the webcam has never worked! I have tried removing the drivers and re-installing latest drivers etc etc etc. It just does not work.

Third, The speakers on this laptop are useless, in fact I would go as far to say they are ear piercing! Very high pitched with no depth what so ever! Again, Useless!

4th, Having paid extra for the best screen Sony offered, the screen is terrible. you have to adjust the angle of the screen to be exactly in front of you or it appears too dark and if more than 1 person wants to watch a film on it you have no chance!

This laptop was around £900 and I purchased it to replace my 6 year old A'Series Sony Vaio. My old laptop was far superior in every way to this new laptop, the screen was far better, the speakers were amazing, the touchpad was faultless. Unfortunately it develloped the notorious Nvidia chip fault and Sony refused to repair it even though it was a manufacturing defect!

I wish I had not purchased another Sony Vaio now, because even though this laptop is only a few months old I have been unable to contact SONY support. Their email form on the website has not worked for over 6 months! (but it only tells you it doesn't work until after you have typed out your lengthy message!!)

I refuse to call the premium rate telephone number as this laptop is under guarantee!! I should not have to pay to get support!

The sales phone line will not help and they tell me to call the premium rate number!

I am unable to find a postal address to write to Sony Viao (yes it has come to snail mail!)

My next step is to go to trading standards and possibly take legal action.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? any suggestions or a postal address at least I can write to?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi invernesspl and welcome.

Sorry to hear your problems.

The 'In Warranty' telephone support phoneline is charged at local rates - I think the number from the UK is 0870 2402408. You will need to have your Vaio's Serial Number to hand.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Or you can write to Sony in the UK: -

Sony Europe Limited

The Heights,

Brooklands,

Weybridge,

Surrey

KT13 0XW

New

First of all please excuse my English. I have boot the same product and I have been try already to contact Sony in Belgium. I can tell to you that I confirm all your's problem but it is one other very big ,Sony deseable the internal MB video card from bios and the rezult is that you have a huge consumption .I can't understand why they don't let you to chose wich video card you use it for a better battery life and low temperature on your laptop. I already asked on the 48 hour after receiving this laptop to return my money but they refuze to register thiss request, finaly I've got an mail to see how much I am glad with my product and I wrote there what I happend without any response.

---

Edited by Drew - Personal details removed.

I have bought exactly the same model laptop & having found your post about the problems I'm glad I am not alone! I also had an older Vaio which was far superior to this machine, you are completely right about the poor screen quality, with technology as advanced as it is you would expect Sony's top of the range laptop to look fantastic but it does not perform.

Yes the touchpad is terrible! never clicks where you want it to! The sound isn't the best I've heard but I could live with that if the rest of the machine worked well. Having spoke to Sony tech at length about it I have been told there is nothing they can do and that its just the way it is!! They also tried telling me they have had no other complaints about the touchpad! LOL. Please let me know how you get on.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Syd007
Explorer

True. I've recently experienced the poor sony customer service.  My laptop's HDD (VPCS13L9E) stopped working so I had no choice but replacing it with a new one.  So, I expected the sony to at least provide me recover disk for free.  BUT, they want to charge me for such minor service.

me too same *****, touch pad and over and over.

So nothing , sony suck 😕