Join now - be part of our community!

Worst experience with any company ever.

ejlaws
Explorer

Worst experience with any company ever.

I hope you have spare time because you're going to need it with the amount of problems and disappointment I've had with Sony.

My parents purchased me a Sony Vaio laptop for Christmas, through no fault of Sony's it arrived 2 months late, however when I got it in February I noticed that my brand new laptop would disconnect from the internet every 5-10 minutes which is not ideal when you have deadlines and are trying to apply for jobs. So with this issue I decided to see if google had any answers, I was absolutely baffled when the copius amounts of slander and articles were the result of my search and that's when I read on mutiple Sony forums of the same issue and how it had never even been attempted to be corrected by the company for anybody. This issue, however, was only a drop in the ocean for what I was about to experience. 7 weeks of owning this already shoddy product, 7 weeks, my laptop just up and died after what later turned out to be complete hard drive failure. Complete hard drive failure on a brand new 7 week old laptop that had been used all in all around 24 hours in total because of the limited internet connection. So I called up Sony feeling rather optimistic about the whole issue, I couldn't have been anymore niaeve. I was spoken to rudely, I was made to carry out the same tests 7 times because the support agent I spoke to on the phone openly admitted that he did not believe the fault lay with Sony. To cut this essay short, they attempted to charge me £50 for the repair disks I needed, I was disgusted, they sent them for free in the end. I say sent, read that with a pinch of salt because they weren't sent for 3 weeks. They didn't work. Finally, after around 4 weeks Sony FINALLY decided that yes the laptop IS still in warrenty and they'd have to come pick it up and repair it. They did just that and around 3 days after collection I recieved a phonecall to inform me that the hard drive had failed and they would be replacing the entire hard drive. What a joke that turned out to be. I got my laptop back on a Wednesday, I was on it 1 and a half hours in total including set up times before I noticed it was a bit slow, I put it down to having just come back from repair. Nope. 1 hour 45 minutes later I was faced with that disgusting blue screen again. Just to reitterate, Sony had 'replaced' the ENTIRE hard drive. I full on refuse to believe that as a brand new hard drive would not just crash and fail after 1 hour 45 minutes of use. I had had enough of all of this rubbish, so I called up again and even the agent that I spoke to was absolutely DISGUSTED by the service I had recieved. They again collected my laptop for it to again be fitted with a brand new hard drive. I have gotten it back today and after setting it up have noticed that again it will not connect to the internet at all, it will not even recognise that there is a connection to be had. All in all I am completley disgusted with the amount of hassle I've had and not just me but some of the other customers have recieved off what I assume we all thought would be a kind, reliable company. I am writing this off my mother's Asus laptop, a brand I would like to point out has not had a single issue. 

I would like to also say that at the end of this shocking experience I never once recieved any single form of an apology. I almost lost my job as I was unable to complete online courses that are essential for me to continue with my job as all my progress and essays and work were stored on my Vaio that I assumed was safe after the 1st repair and I hadn't even had time to back up my files as it bluescreened while I was transferring all my files. I am terrified to store anything on that laptop as I just don't trust that it has been repaired. All of my sister's wedding photographs I took as photographer for her were lost, the only reason they were saved is because we downloaded them off facebook. My nieces birthday party pictures were all gone. My digital downloads that I got with numerous record purchases were lost before I could even put them onto my iTunes because I could never download iTunes as the internet would cut off mid-download every time I tried. I have informed everyone I know, friends, family, collgues and a high amount of followers of mine on a social media website to NEVER purchase a Sony laptop. The only reliable Sony product I have ever purchased has been a Playstation 3 and 4. However, through this experience alone I am reluctant to ever purchase anything Sony again. All I really want now is not even a working unit, it's a simple apology for all the stress and upset this experiece has caused me. I am 18 years of age and even I understand that a genuine apology is needed after such an experience, I'm pretty confident my 3 year old niece understands this too.

14 REPLIES 14
ejlaws
Explorer

Just to let you all know, I am grateful for all of the suggestions and help, but alas my unit has bluescreened for the third, yes THIRD time after being sent back twice now for 2 brand new hard drives I am done with all of this. I will be requesting a brand new unit, a different model to the one I have. If Sony refuse and offer me only a repair they will be joining me in court. This is NOT right. Something is going wrong here and I need answers. 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi @ejlaws,

hopefully, if my contact has located the correct case, someone from Sony should be in contact with via email, if this has not happened already, to assist with your problem but in order to ensure my contact in Sony is trying to help with the correct case could you please send me a case number or serial number via Private Message..

If you do not want to send me these details then that is ok with me and hopefully your Vaio problems will get resolved to your satisfaction soon..

Please keep us updated..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi @ejlaws has anyone from Sony been in contact with you, if so could you update us please.?

ejlaws
Explorer

Sony came to get my laptop for a 3rd repair. On a VIP repair, which should only take 3 days but I have not heard from Sony since I called them nor had my laptop back, it has been almost a week, there is just no let up on the terrible customer service.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ejlaws,

thanks for the update & I hope your Vaio gets returned to you soon..:smileyhappy: