Join now - be part of our community!

Would the warranty cover battery failure?

Channi3
Visitor

Would the warranty cover battery failure?

Hey,

Well today the battery for my VGN-C1Z/B "died". Dont know how it died, I just took it out of my bag and it wouldn't start without my AC plugged in.

So, the topic title says it all, would the warranty cover it? (I guess it very unlikely it will, but just wanted to make sure :P)

Also, anyone have any idea what could have caused the battery to die all of a sudden? The bag i had the notebook in, is a tucano horizontal limit (13" one), well padded, and just the normal university stuff (pens, notepad, etc..).

I usually put the notebook in the bag, so that the battery is at the bottom of the bag (heat?). Had the notebook for about 10months.

Just some random info, Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Channi3

Unfortunately as the batteries are classed as consumables your warranty will NOT cover replacement after 90 days.. :slight_frown:

Are you sure the battery has failed, a simple way to check is to either take your Vaio to a local stockist or if someone at your UNI has the same model as you and ask if you can try another battery in your Vaio

Channi3
Visitor

Hey thanks for the info.

What i'll do tomorrow is bring my notebook to my local sony store and tell em to check it out. Just to make sure whether or not its the battery thats the problem.

Then I'll order a replacement battery from the net.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile: