Join now - be part of our community!

www.vaio-link.com ??¿¿

Gaaf
Visitor

www.vaio-link.com ??¿¿

Why does the website 'www.vaio-like.com' not work? Can anybody give me a link, so i do can visite the site, now i only see a white screen... ? And if i go to: www.vaio-link.com/entry.htm i get some javascript error's so it's just impossible to visite the site...

My Sony RXG408 is damaged (defect HDD) and via this website i could look how far they are with the repair of my pc.

Can anyone help me?

Thanking in advance :slight_smile:

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Gaaf,

Still not had that hard disk fixed?? That's terrible :slight_frown: :angry:

Make sure you have Javascript on - and reload the page and empty the cache and the cookies and try again.

iainjturner
Visitor

Also, try lowering the Security settings of the cookies.

Gaaf
Visitor

Still not had that hard disk fixed?? That's terrible

No, everytime i rang Sony Service desk they asked me to do a recovery, and everytime i did one, it did it's work for a while.. but after some weeks i got error's like: http://www.jusd.nl/myXP.jpg... And yesterday my hdd began making a tapping noise...

Make sure you have Javascript on - and reload the page and empty the cache and the cookies and try again

I don't know what i've done but now the website does work.... :slight_smile:

iainjturner
Visitor

That's the Internet for you. Damn unpredictable in the year or so I've been using it.

kee-lo_

This kermel stack thing doesn't sound good at all.

iainjturner
Visitor

It might be a good idea to run CheckDisk and Disk Defragmenter on the hard disk-the noises could be a clue to it failing or going wrong. Make sure you also back up anything important on there.

stevep-4
Visitor

Try www.vaio-link.sony-europe.com

Even when you computer is finally with Sony (mine was with John Lewis for 10 days until I called John Lewis for an update...They told me that they would send it to Sony after I took in the recovery discs......Would have been nice for them to tell me they needed them...).
Once Sony has it, don't expect much info. Mine has been with Sony for a month now, and all the Vaio Link website tells me is ....

Dear visitor, your VAIO is being diagnosed and necessary actions will be taken within the shortest period

I called John Lewis last week about it. They called sony to say that my RX405 needed a new CPU and a hard drive and Sony was waiting for new parts....(If I can get these parts from any computer shop, why does it take Sony 4 weeks??).

So, no joy here.....

VAIOneer
Visitor

Goto John Lewis and demand a refund or an exchange on your PC.
They should not keep it for that long, especially as they have acted as a middle man in this situation.
If you'd gone to Sony and they held onto it, then there's nothing you can do much, but with John Lewis in the middle, you can say that they have to return the laptop fixed ASAP or provide you with an laternative/loan.

kee-lo_

Yep thats pretty bad going from John Lewis. When they were George-Henry-Lee the service was a lot better.