Join now - be part of our community!

XL-201 & VISTA ULTIMATE x64

Chewie2000
Visitor

XL-201 & VISTA ULTIMATE x64

Has Anyone else been brave (read stupid) enough to try this.

I've got Video working now (on my 32" Sammy) after using the latest nVidia drivers and a lot of tweaking with Powerstrip. The problem I've got is the blimmin sound drivers. The Sony ones dont work and Ive managed to find some "generic" Sigmatel drivers which are still as useful as a chocolate service pack.

Answers on a postcard pls...

2 REPLIES 2
mariozachariou
Visitor

hi,

i have got the xl202... i have installed a fresh copy of ultimate 64 bit but cant get the bios update from the sony site to install.... consequently nothing else will install

any ideas?

RobMiles
Visitor

I've got the 32 bit version of Vista Ultimate working fine, except for problems with the HDMI video signal (I've posted about that somewhere). Didn't think the 64 bit version would work at all.

What I would say though is don't try to upgrade the BIOS from Vista. This has been known to break machines. If you've not upgraded the BIOS from XP then don't even try to do it in Vista. If you can find a USB floppy disk drive and can boot into DOS then you should be OK, but within Vista it seems not to work.

Can't help with the sound drivers though I'm afraid. The Sigmatel ones seem to work fine for Vista 32, in fact I left the machine to do a clean Vista install and it found and loaded the drivers for pretty much everything.