Join now - be part of our community!

XL100 Keyboard and remote problems

number6.mi
Visitor

XL100 Keyboard and remote problems

I just bought an xl100 and have 2 problems I can't figure out.

First, the wireless keyboard connection keeps dropping out in the part of my room I sit. Any suggestions on what to do about this, e.g. can I get a longer antenna lead and would repositioning it help.

Second, I have programmed the remote into my universal remote. The only problem is for most commands it seems like I have to press a different command first to get the command I want to work. For example, to make arrow up work, I have to first hit arrow right or left and then arrow up. Any suggestions on what might be causing this and if there's anything I can do to fix it?

1 REPLY 1
RJD47
Visitor

I just bought an xl100 and have 2 problems I can't figure out.

First, the wireless keyboard connection keeps dropping out in the part of my room I sit. Any suggestions on what to do about this, e.g. can I get a longer antenna lead and would repositioning it help.

Second, I have programmed the remote into my universal remote. The only problem is for most commands it seems like I have to press a different command first to get the command I want to work. For example, to make arrow up work, I have to first hit arrow right or left and then arrow up. Any suggestions on what might be causing this and if there's anything I can do to fix it?

I too have just purchased an XL100 Media centre and have a problem with the keyboard touchpad that makes it very very difficult to use when in XP. The touchpad often interprets a movement as a mouse left button click which accepts a window option when it was not intended.

Is there any way to configure the touchpad?