Join now - be part of our community!

XL301 audio/video problems - solved!

JeremyG
Visitor

XL301 audio/video problems - solved!

Hi All,

I visited this forum a few weeks ago to see if anyone was suffering the same issues as I was with my XL-301 media centre.

I have the XL-301 connected via HDMI to a Sony Bravia KDL-40V2500 TV - using the cable supplied with the XL-301 - and found when switching between the media center application and the normal PC desktop that the screen would flicker for several seconds before settling. In addition, the sound to the TV would often not work when switching the TV to the media center input; and it recently started displaying no video at all approx 50% of the time. I updated the video card driver several times but the only fix I found that worked every time was to force the XL-301 to power down, then restart.

All of this was incredibly annoying and was ruining the experience of using a costly bit of kit.

Anyway, after checking a couple of posts on this forum I ditched the HDMI connection and switched to component - which has transformed my system. It now works perfectly all the time; the display switches from media center to desktop instantly and there is no loss of video or audio. I'd even say picture quality is better, especially when watching TV.

The HDMI cable is now in use connecting another device to a different Sony TV and is working fine too - and my suspicion is that the HDMI interface on the XL-301 is suspect. Frankly I don't care as the box is working so well using component - anyway, thought I'd share... hope this helps someone else out there... :slight_smile:

0 REPLIES 0