Join now - be part of our community!

XP PRO SP2 and Vaio vgn-c1s/h

Termaximum
Visitor

XP PRO SP2 and Vaio vgn-c1s/h

hi you all!
i'm new here!
i just bought a vaio notebook, the vgn-c1s/h one, with media center installed in.
i want to install in my new notebook windows xp pro sp2, but drivers downloaded from sony for xp dont work...simply i can't install them!!! :devil:
so, don't tell me isn't possible to install xp pro sp2 because i could become so pissed off that you can't imagine...really really pissed off!!! :devil:
i mean, this notebook is full of useless shit and i don't want it so!!!
media center is useless for me tooooo!!! :devil:
how can i install xp pro sp2 and where drivers are and how i'm supposed to install them?
you guys, thank you for your consideration
seeya
termaximum

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Termaximum and welcome to Club Vaio.

XP Pro does not support your SATA hard drive - so it will not recognise your hard disc when you try to install it.

Have a look at THIS RECENT THREAD.

Make sure you make a Recovery Disc set in case everything goes pear-shaped.

You can download the Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities from HERE

If I were you I would just uninstall what you don't want from your present MCE installation. Unless you need to join a Domain at work there is no point changing because the operating system is identical in XP Pro and XP MCE. Unless you really know what you are doing all it will give you is a load of hassle!!

:wink:

Termaximum
Visitor

thanks blencogo!
no no wait!
i had just installed xp pro sp2 a couple of time!
hd is so good! everything is so good with xp pro sp2 but audio drivers, usb, video drivers etc...these drivers are useless!!! i think they are only for mce...devices aren't recognised...
i just have my recovery disks...
with mce i have about 47 (wwoooww) processes open... my internet connection with mobile is bad...i can't use mozilla firefox...and all those useless processes and programs...
i want use my xp pro sp2, dot
but where drivers for my vaio are? :thinking:
i'm going to be so pissed off... :devil:
thanks to you all
bye

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Termaximum,

You have me confused now !

If you have loaded XP Pro without SATA drivers then it cannot have been a clean install - you must have tried to Upgrade MCE to XP Pro.

You cannot Upgrade MCE to XP Pro (according to Microsoft) - you must do a clean format and install. It sounds like you have neither of them installed properly now (or a bit of both of them) as things like USB drivers are part of XP and nothing to do with Sony's drivers. This is probably why you can't get the drivers to install.

:thinking:

Termaximum
Visitor

Hi Blencogo!
Thanks, but i'm sorry, i did so:
I bought the vgn-c1s/h.
i wanted to format it.
i downloaded the drivers for xp (mce?), from this site; i saved them on D partition.
i put my xp pro sp2 in the dvd reader.
i turned off the vaio thing.
i turned on the vaio, cd rom loaded at startup and so on...
i formatted c partion, ntfs.
i installed xp pro sp2.
now i had to install drivers downloaded from this site!!!
i really could install drivers but devices were useless at all!!! i mean, normal installation, reboot, but in control panel/system/hardware/devices, there was: usb? audio? video? etc
i installed those drivers but devices were always unknown...
if i wanted to hear some music with media player an error message appeared, like 'no device for this kind of operation'...and i properly installed driver for realtek, but none...!
i was wondering if those driver were designed fo xp 'MCE' and no for xp 'PRO spX'... :thinking:
thank for your consideration
seeya
Termaximum