Join now - be part of our community!

Y series VAIO - wireless connection gone, can't fix

profile.country.en_GB.title
spoons
Visitor

Y series VAIO - wireless connection gone, can't fix

Hello,

I have an 8 week sold Sony Vaio Y series and today the wireless connection has stopped working. There's nothing wrong with the broadband/router - works fine with two other computers. I keep being told that 'the wireless switch is turned off' and to 'turn the wireless switch on the VAIO to on and try again' or to use the switch on the side of the computer (doesn't exist) or the function keys (?) to switch it on the wireless connection. The VAIO Smart Network screen with the LAN and Bluetooth swtiches which pops up doesn't allow me to make changes, the switches don't move from Off to ON. Any ideas? I literally haven't touched this computer in about two weeks and it was working fine before.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi spoons,

Before we look for more complicated solutions, can you first confirm that the physical wireless switch is turned on and the WiFi indicator light next to it illuminated?

On the Y-Series the wireless switch is on the front edge of the Vaio on the right-hand side.  It is not clear from your question that you have identified this and checked it is in the 'ON' position.

If this is turned on you should check that your wireless card appears in Device Manager under Network Adapters and is shown as working correctly.  If that is OK you should reinstall Vaio Smart Network and check if there is a software update on the support website for your model.

If you need further advice, please quote your Vaio's full model type - VPCY????.

:thinking:

profile.country.fr_FR.title
cedtes
Visitor

I got the same problem, I check everything, wireless in on, internet working with my two others computer.

Internet gone on and off, mainly off. Sometimes doesn't even say that my network is available.

Could you help me please, have you fixed your problem ?

PS Same computer

Thanks !

Ced