Join now - be part of our community!

Youtube slows down if mouse cursor is moved and other problem with new laptop

Danlad
Visitor

Youtube slows down if mouse cursor is moved and other problem with new laptop

Hi all,

Just a post to let you know a couple problems i have with my new laptop. If I am on youtube or any other site streaming a video and happen to move the mouse cursor the video jitters and slows down. Anyonelse had this problem?

The second problem involves the mouse pad, basically when i am scrolling down a page or across it, it sometimes finds it upon itself to go back a page.

I actually had my laptop replaced abecause of these problems but the new one is the same, can't be a coincidence, sure these must be common problems.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Dan.

Sony VGN-NR21J/S

2 REPLIES 2
Davidjlott
Visitor

I can't help with the jittery YouTube, but I also have noted the tendency to go back a page when scrolling. I don't think this is a fault. The Vaio touchpad has a scroll zone down the right hand side for scrolling up and down the page. It also has a scroll zone across the top edge, for scrolling sideways. If the page on display does not have any lateral movement, any movement in the top scroll zone is interpreted as a "Page Back" or "Page Forward" instruction.

To avoid this happening, just make sure that your finger is in the centre of the touch pad.

I hope this helps answer part of your enquiry.

Danlad
Visitor

Thanks for that Dave, obviously the same on all vaios then. I downloaded mozilla firefox as my web browser instead of explorer and it has not yet happend while using it. Now I just need to figue out this damn video streaming flaw lol.