Join now - be part of our community!

Z Series bluetooth

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
englishempire
New

Z Series bluetooth

Hi all, i have a new Z Series Vaio with SSD hard drive and 8gb ram etc etc but wanted to use the bluetooth for the first time yesterday and it doesn't work, it's not me it's the machine, it simply doesn't work, does anyone know what needs to be done, very odd for a new vaio i thought.

Message was edited by: englishempire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi englishempire,

Assuming that your model has Bluetooth function, have you turned it on in Vaio Smart Network?

2 Click Start, All Programs, and VAIO Smart Network or click the VAIO Smart Network icon on the taskbar.

3 Click the switch next to BLUETOOTH to toggle it to On in the VAIO Smart Network window.

Make sure the WIRELESS indicator light turns on.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi englishempire,

Assuming that your model has Bluetooth function, have you turned it on in Vaio Smart Network?

2 Click Start, All Programs, and VAIO Smart Network or click the VAIO Smart Network icon on the taskbar.

3 Click the switch next to BLUETOOTH to toggle it to On in the VAIO Smart Network window.

Make sure the WIRELESS indicator light turns on.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
englishempire
New

Rich, you're a star, how could i have missd that, i see it everytime i switch on, duh!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Pleased to hear that it is working :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
englishempire
New

Thanks it works great, the other thing is the touchpad has always been a bit rattly from new and wondered if that was normal?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

By rattly do you mean mechanically or performance?

If the former, and you are referring to the left and right buttons, I am not aware of any problems with this model but would suggest that it is abnormal – if it is still in warranty have a word with Support. If the latter then you may not have the correct driver installed.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
englishempire
New

It's the actual part that feels slightly loose when you click left or right, it is only a month old and was like that when i took it out of the box.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This may or not be normal but we would need another user with the same model to confirm this. If it concerns you then you will need to speak to Support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat