Join now - be part of our community!

Alternative tips for WI-SP510

profile.country.GB.title
ChazG83
New

Alternative tips for WI-SP510

Hey,

Just treated myself to a pair of WI-SP510 wireless earphones and although the sound is incredible, I’m finding them really uncomfortable to wear for any length of time. I think the issue is the silicone tips are both uncomfortable for me (too thin/insufficient padding) and also too short, meaning that to get a good seal the actual body of the earphones are also hurting my outer ear where they sit. I was thinking memory foam tips might be a better option, but can’t find any that will definitely fit based off the model number, and I can’t seem to find the exact stem measurement to know which third party tips might be compatible. Any pointers from anyone? Be a real shame to have to return them, but I need to be able to comfortably wear them for at least a couple of hours at a time. I’ve tried all but the large size tips supplied without any real improvement.

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi TIA,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any 3rd party tips for your headphones.

Usually you should have 4 different sized earbuds and 3 different sized Arc supporters. Did you try the other ones?

Maybe you have to find the right combination - ears are not always equal so you might need different sizes for the left and right ear.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
ChazG83
New

Thanks for the reply Peter. I tried all but the large arc supports and the large tips in a variety of combinations prior to posting (I’ve got really small ears generally and normally use small tips regardless of headphone brand), but could barely tolerate half an hour of any combination, which is what led me to the realisation that the issue is probably the depth of the tips relative to the depth of my ears. The body of the buds was making the entirety of where they were sitting hurt because I was having to ram them right in to get the tips into my ear. In the end I measured the stem and ordered some small Inair Air3s on next day delivery. My theory was that although they’re no longer size wise than the hybrid silicones provided, the design of them in combination with the stem would give me extra depth to get the tip properly in my ear without the body of the buds hurting me in the same way. It’s definitely improved things: I’m 40 minutes into wearing them with the Inairs without feeling like needing to claw my ears off, but they’re still not as comfy as the wireless skullcandy set they replaced that I could easily wear for 6 or 7 hours. I’m now wondering if taking the arc supports off will help further. Got to admit to being fairly disappointed, though - did something I never do and treated myself to something relatively expensive, only to actually find I probably would have been better off buying the same skullcandy model I had for half the price.