Join now - be part of our community!

Beginner's help with earbuds

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
HelenH199
Explorer

Beginner's help with earbuds

I'm an absolute beginner to earbuds.  I just bought the Linkbuds S so that I can (1) connect to my laptop via bluetooth and (2) use unpaired for peace and quiet.  I don't use a mobile phone.  Can anyone tell me if I have to use the app to get started?  Also do I have to register them with the webite?

Do they have an 'on' button?  Help ... I really can't get started.

Thanks for reading

Helen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @HelenH199  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Great set of earbuds!

You don't need the Sony Headphones Connect app to be able to connect them to your laptop,

although the app lets you get firmware updates, customise the earbud controls, and monitor

the battery level for each earbud and the charging case.

As an example Here's  a link showing how to pair the buds with a windows 10 computer in case you weren't sure

Here's  another link showing you how to turn them on with details of how to turn them off underneath that section in the menu.

Have fun :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @HelenH199  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Great set of earbuds!

You don't need the Sony Headphones Connect app to be able to connect them to your laptop,

although the app lets you get firmware updates, customise the earbud controls, and monitor

the battery level for each earbud and the charging case.

As an example Here's  a link showing how to pair the buds with a windows 10 computer in case you weren't sure

Here's  another link showing you how to turn them on with details of how to turn them off underneath that section in the menu.

Have fun :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
HelenH199
Explorer

Thanks so much for this.  They've been under a cushion for the last couple of days until I could pluck up the courage to try again.  Now got the hang of everything (I think).  I've even discovered that my laptop gives me a battery % reading - how brilliant!  Not bad for an old timer (don't ask).

Kinds wishes

Helen

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

You're welcome, glad you've got to grips with them :slight_smile: