Join now - be part of our community!

Can't change or pause music on mdr1000x

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
T1M12345
Explorer

Can't change or pause music on mdr1000x

Just got my new MDR 1000 X and they are very nice and everything works except from if I try to change tracks by swiping or double tap to pause. It's very strange beacuse I can change the volume and only pause video on YouTube but I can't skip videos. When I use Spotify I can only change the volume and nothing else could someone help as I just got these headphones.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I was thinking.  Basic music playing will have all the functions, however all functions may/may not work via other apps - compatibility etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to Sony's manual HERE, it says:

"The available functions may vary depending on the BLUETOOTH device. When you operate as illustrated above, it may operate differently or may not work at all."

Although I am wondering if its more of an app issue.  Can you test by just playing normal music via an MP3 file or something similar and see if the function works or not?

If it still doesnt work, I would suggest trying the re-initializing the headphones back to factory default and starting again.  see:

http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/1000x/v1/en/contents/TP0001176175.html

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
T1M12345
Explorer

Very strange I converted a few YouTube videos to MP3 and I was able to pause/ play the music skip tracks and fast forward and back so it must be a issue of certain software

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I was thinking.  Basic music playing will have all the functions, however all functions may/may not work via other apps - compatibility etc.