Join now - be part of our community!

Charging Bluetooth Wireless Haedphones

SOLVED
bob222

Charging Bluetooth Wireless Haedphones

Hi All.

I have just bought these headphones, model MDR-ZX330BT. The instruction leaflet states charge using USB port on computer. Is ther any reason for not using a USB phone charger giving output of 5.3v 2.0A or the USB port on my Bravia TV. Replies with advice would be good

Thanks. Bob222

31 REPLIES 31

It doesn't make the bloody difference. It's the USB standard. 5V input/output. Doesn't matter if you plug it t your desktop, laptop, phone, power bank, TV, game console or nuclear plant as long as it has a USB Port.

profile.country.GB.title
Tammo5151

Hello thanks for your help it was just that Sony stipulated that you had to use a computer to charge your headphones 

profile.country.GB.title
jessie1998
Explorer

So when you tried using your traditional wall plu in charger, did everything go okay?

bob222

Yes they are still working after 2 years b either using the mains usb adapter or usb on the tv.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
profile.country.GB.title
Tammo5151

Hello thanks for your help that was good to know cheers

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
Billghon
Explorer

I tried to USB charging device and they still shut off after about 5 minutes of noise cancelling mode....very frustrating....

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
profile.country.GB.title
mattp72
Explorer

Unbelievable poor customer service from Sony. Who's carrying around a laptop these days??

It should be easy just to tell what technical standards a usb charger must have.

I am still able to return the headphones. Guess it might be what I have to do. If I for some reason will have to use the guarantee, I don't want to be told it's not valid because I didn't charge the headphones in a proper way.

bob222

Hi mattp77I have been charging from USB port on my Sony tv an had no problems. Phones still working fine.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
profile.country.GB.title
Billghon
Explorer

I guess I need to haul around a 60 inch sony flatscreen to charge the headphones? Listen Sony, give us refunds. This is an absurd hurdle to have to deal with. I even bought a USB charger and it didn't work!!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
profile.country.GB.title
Oddjobs1942
Explorer

I have a new set of headphones MDR-XB70BT   I would like to know if it is OK to charge them with a charger used to charge a iPhone or indeed a USB socket found in hotels etc. as plunging them into a computer seems very inconvenient.