Join now - be part of our community!

Connected USB (MTP). The player cannot be operated.

profile.country.en_GB.title
shevvie
Visitor

Connected USB (MTP). The player cannot be operated.

New user to MP3 devices, NEVER used one before so not sure if above message a real problem or that I haven't download software properly. When connecting my walkman to PC I connected to the Sony website to download the appropriate software and then tried to drag-and-drop without success..  MP's still charging (maybe that's it).

I've called SONY once but they couldn't help!. The model is NWZ-E453.

Appreciate any thoughts

Thx

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi shevvie,

Fisrt thing I'd do is look to see if your computer is recognising the Walkman.  As you have a PC I'm assuming you're using Windows, so connect the Walkman with the supplied USB cable, go to 'Start' and then 'My Computer' (or 'Computer' depending on the version of Windows you have) - can you see the Walkman in the list of devices you have?  If you can that's good - double click it to see its contents.  This usually opens 'Storage Media' - if so, also double click this to see all the folders stored on your Walkman.  If you are transferring compatible music files via drag and drop, then it is important that you drag the music from where you store it on your PC and drop it in the folder called 'Music' on the Walkman.

However there is a simpler way in my view.  Have you installed the piece of software called Content Transfer?

If you have then this should start automatically each time your connect your Walkman to your PC.  The software looks like a small box on your screen with a panel (a picture of your Walkman there) where you can drop your files to put them onto the Walkman.  The beauty of this software is that you don't have to worry about putting stuff in the correct folder - this is done automatically.  So whether it's a music, picture or video file etc etc, the software will put it in the right place for you on the Walkman so that it will play.  In the case of music files like MP3, you can even drag and drop using 'Content Transfer' directly from some of the most popular pieces of music software such as Windows Media Player or iTunes for example.

Hope this helps?

profile.country.GB.title
Wrinklie1
Explorer

I don't know if it's the same but my A series Walkman can't be operated when connected this is a default/deliberate/ by design. You can transfer files with Windows media Player, Windows Explorer or the Content Transfer program (although I'm not keen on that as it seems not to transfer all files & album art.

Hope this helps

Simi14
New

Mijn pc herkent apparaat niet !

Simi14
New

Mijn pc herkent Apparaat niet!