Join now - be part of our community!

Connections to integrate my new headphones into my system

profile.country.GB.title
S55ajr
Explorer

Connections to integrate my new headphones into my system

I've just bought MDR-HW700DS and am a little lost with connecting them to my TV/dvd/soundbar/Sky Q. My present connections work correctly and are as  follows;

Sky Q by HDMI to TV HDMI 1

DVD    by HDMI to HDMI 3

Sound bar and  wifi woofer from HDMI out (TV ARC) to TV HDMI 2 (ARC)

Sky, DVD, Sound Bar and Tv also have optical which are not used.

The above setup allows me to watch (using Netflix) films in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

I wish to integrate the 9.1 headphones to enable me to watch loud films during the day without disturbing my wife who hates noisy films.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi S55ajr,

Have a browse of this Help Guide and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
S55ajr
Explorer

Thanks for your early reply. I'll give that a try and let you know how I get on.  I'm a senior citizen trying to keep pace with modern technology!

profile.country.GB.title
S55ajr
Explorer

I now my tv has an hdmi (arc)port but I'm not sure if  I use connection example 1 or 3. Is my sound bar and sub woofer classed as an av amplifier? 

profile.country.GB.title
S55ajr
Explorer

I've now spoken direct to Sony.

We have set up the  headphone processor simply with an optical cable from tv to optical input of the processor. I am getting sound through the headphones.

Does this mean it is not necessary to make all of the hdmi connections as shown in the examples.

My only worry is that the quality of sound is as good as I can get by using the simple optical connection.

profile.country.GB.title
S55ajr
Explorer

I have to admit I'm unable to get the phones working using the hdmi connections shown on the help pages. Whilst they do work using just an optical connection between the phones and my tv I am unable to access the screens allowing me to change settings which I assume appear on the TV screen when they are connected through HDMI. I have really tried using the help guide and reference guides

Huggtand
New

You must have optical from tv to unit. It also probably not going to work for you to bring up the menu on your tvs interface. Very unlikely. Input a hdmi wich is connected to e.g. Bluray olater, game console. Then adjust the headphones. 

It's the same for my receivers menu system. 

profile.country.GB.title
S55ajr
Explorer

Many thanks for your comments.

Get Outlook for Android