Join now - be part of our community!

Dab/FM Clock Radio XDR-C1DBP

SOLVED
patbeet
New

Dab/FM Clock Radio XDR-C1DBP

I have this new Sony radio for the bedside to replace a similar FM Sony radio bought over 40 years ago (that still works but not with DAB). The new radio came with only a A3(?) sized piece of paper with pictorial instructions that do not appear to work. I seem to have set it up to recieve one South Asian music station. I fear I am not from the Indian subcontinent so this is of no interst to me.

I try following the instruction but pressing the "menu" button does not bring up the menu. I try pressing the tune buttons in the hope this will go through the other stations but again no luck. Occasionally it will come up with question "auto Tune" when I press "enter" it just goes back to my indian station.

In a normal situation I would just take it back to the shop and swap the new radio for another brand. Unfortunately it was a gift from my son as a Christmas present so want him to know it is working and bringing delight to our early mornings! Anyone know if Sony produce proper written instructions for this radio and how to gwt hold of them.

Yours in dispair and frustration

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Killiegradge, try the below:

Select “OK” to initialize the radio to the factory

default settings. All settings, DAB station list and

presets will be deleted

If the issue remains, contact Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Killiegradge
Explorer

Sadly there is NO OK button on the appliance so all is not OK

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Maybe it's the enter button?

profile.country.GB.title
Killiegradge
Explorer

Turns out the item is faulty so Ive had to return it. Actually didn't like it anyway. The buttons were too small and not as user frinedly as my previous Sony one which lasted me 11 years. Just gonna get a cheaper one from Amazon