Join now - be part of our community!

DSX-A500BD SOUND INTERMITTENTLY WORKING/NOT WORKING

DSX-A500BD SOUND INTERMITTENTLY WORKING/NOT WORKING

Hello,

Sound Intermittently not working through the speakers?

I have an issue with this unit. Most of the time the sound is not working through the speakers, however sometimes there is sound coming out of the speakers. There is no rhyme or reason as to how and when this happens. For example this evening I disconnected the power to the stereo as there was NO sound coming through the speakers. An hour or so later I reconnected this and magically the sound started working? All seemed fine until I turned off the unit and took the front panel off for stowage. When I reconnected the front panel the sound again stopped working. This is quite frustrating. Is this a problem with the unit? I have the Unit connected in my Audi A3. Is there a known problem with either of these? Do I have a faulty unit?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
sanzoghenzo
New

Same here, sometimes I start my car and the stereo displays the current radio station but no sound comes out. Bluetooth and USB don't even work.

I can see if the stereo will work as I turn it on because when it's going to work the bluetooth icon lights up immediately; conversely, if I don't see the BT icon the radio will stay mute. It seems something is not initializing properly.

I think I found an (annoying) workaround by connecting my phone (android), power off and then power on the stereo, but sometimes it works by doing the opposite, disconnecting the USB cable.

Did you find a better solution to this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The only real mention in the manual about sound issues is:

Car Radio - Sound Problems.jpg

Have you though of resetting the unit itself?  Normally to reset the units, you would just disconnect the car battery for a minute. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Pugmanaught
New

Same issue here.

No sound and all bluetooth connectivity goes off.

Usually if I turn off the cars ignition and start up the engine again the head unit comes back to life again but its annoying and isnt good for the cars battery.Wondering if my cars battery might be failing to provide addequate voltage when cranking the engine. 

profile.country.IT.title
sanzoghenzo
New

After some more tinkering, I can say that the problem (at least my problem) occurs only if I use the DAB radio.

if i turn off the car (or only the stereo) when in DAB mode, chances are that at the next start there is no sound and bluetooth working.

But if I switch to any other source (or at least USB and BT audio, didn't try with aux yet) before turning off, then the next start occurs with no problem, and at greater speed (almost istant on, compared to several seconds in dab mode).

If i forgot to switch to usb/bt adio the last time, it is enough to switch to one of these mode, turn off the stereo (no need to turn off the engine), wait several seconds and then turn on the stereo.

It's an annoying but easy workaround.