Join now - be part of our community!

Feature request: Sidetone control

Feature request: Sidetone control

Hi representatives of Sony!

I have a feature request that I have grown accustomed to with non-sony headphones - sidetone control in the app.

I recently bought the WF-1000XM4 and found them to be unusable for calls due to the sidetone being incredibly loud (even in a quiet room).

This hasn't been a problem with other brands since I could just adjust the sidetone volume to my desired level (or turning it off completely), and I am missing this functionality in the sony app.

The documentation states that the incredibly loud sidetone is not a malfunction, but I beg to differ.

"When making or receiving a call using the headphones, your voice and other sounds are picked up from the headphone microphone Sidetone function. Your voice, the surrounding sounds, and the sound of the headphone operation will be heard through the headphone earpieces. This is not a malfunction."

It would be awesome if you could escalate this to the product managers for firmware and app-development and maybe have them make a statement for if it will ever be implemented. That would help consumers better decide if they should return their products or not when they find this post.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Jay, I would recommend getting in touch with Sony Reps directly to deliver your innovative suggestion. :slight_smile: