Join now - be part of our community!

Formats For Loading Movies

profile.country.en_GB.title
textra
Visitor

Formats For Loading Movies

Hi. I have the Sony NWZ-A 829. I have tried with no luck so far, to load some movies into it. I have tried directly from DVDs, and I have tried files converted using Windows Movie Maker. No luck there either. Anybody know where I am going wrong please?

7 REPLIES 7
turnell
New

Check if your Sony has input or output format. Normally it is output.

textra
Visitor

Thanks for your reply. It has input.

profile.country.es_ES.title
EEduard
Visitor

Hi,

I also have problems loading movies into the walkman. Please, check thread https://www.sony.es/discussions/thread/115100?tstart=0

I cannot figure out the relationship between the option that you mention and the problems to load a movie into the walkman. In my case the NWZ-A845.

Thanks,

Eduard

profile.country.fr_BE.title
Hanske67
Visitor

Hi,

First you have to decode your DVD.  Otherwise the video will have a very bad quality (see DVDDecrypter).

Once decrypted and stored on your PC, convert it in MP4 format.  Be aware that H.264 format in  not supported. On my converter, I had to specifiy MP4 legacy encoding.

Bye.

Hans

textra
Visitor

Hi thanks for responding. I have fixed the problem  now. When I loaded the Software CD that came with my Walkman I noticed there was an item called ''Go Pro''. This item you purchase from Sony Online. I indeed purchased this item for less than six Pounds. I then ripped a DVD to my Desk Top. I then opened the Go Pro Software, used it conjunction with the clip I wanted to load in my Walkman. HEY PRESTO! Worked like a dream.:smileyhappy:

veronicadeol
Visitor

Thanks for the update and it will surley work for us.

lilwayne20
Visitor

There are no such special formats but I think there must be some chance to watch movies in Mp4 and other great sources.

Message was edited by: -Cass-