Join now - be part of our community!

Google Assistant not connected (WH-1000XM2)

SOLVED
profile.country.NO.title
athorod
Explorer

Google Assistant not connected (WH-1000XM2)

- I just downloaded and installed the 2.0.1 update for the WH-1000XM2 to be able to use Google Assistant.

- I opened the headphones app and changed the use of the NC-button to "Google Assistant".

- When I press the button I get the message "Google Assistant not connected" in the headphones.

I have tried every thing I can think of to make it work, but to no avail. I cannot find the headphones in the google assistant/home app either. 

I am located in Norway but I can use Google Assistant with my Google Home device as long as I have English as the default language (which I have). 

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

Does anyone have any suggestions to make it work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NO.title
athorod
Explorer

I obviously hadn't tried everything I could think of...

I got it to work now. 

I entered the bluetooth-settings on the phone when the headphones was not connected. Then I removed/disconnected the connection between the phone and the headphones. So the next time I connected the headphones to the phone, it was as if I connected the phone to the headphones "for the first time". I then got a notification about the google assistant. I turned on notifications/permissions for google, and then it worked. (This was after I changed the NC-button" in the headphones app.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Graeme2812
Explorer

I'm assuming you have the headphones connected (via Bluetooth) to your phone and your phone has an Internet connection etc? 

profile.country.NO.title
athorod
Explorer

Yes on 

@Graeme2812 wrote:

I'm assuming you have the headphones connected (via Bluetooth) to your phone and your phone has an Internet connection etc? 

Yes on both counts.

profile.country.NO.title
athorod
Explorer

I obviously hadn't tried everything I could think of...

I got it to work now. 

I entered the bluetooth-settings on the phone when the headphones was not connected. Then I removed/disconnected the connection between the phone and the headphones. So the next time I connected the headphones to the phone, it was as if I connected the phone to the headphones "for the first time". I then got a notification about the google assistant. I turned on notifications/permissions for google, and then it worked. (This was after I changed the NC-button" in the headphones app.

profile.country.GB.title
Beati3
Explorer

Thank you for posting this. I tried your fix. I unpaired and re-paired my headphones from my Samsung Note 8 after changing the setting for the button to Google Assistant, but I didn't get any prompt and when I press the button it still tells me "The Google Assisted is not connected." 

Would the support people have any other ideas, please?

Thank you.

profile.country.NO.title
athorod
Explorer

I didn't get any answers from the support people. But make sure you go into
the bluetooth settings on your phone and delete the headphones from the
list of paired devices, before re-pairing it.

I am not sure if it's required, but I also have the google home app
installed on my phone and already use the google assistant app quite a lot
on the phone.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077672/

Good luck!
--

Beste hilsen/Best regards,
Alexander Thorød
[Personal details removed]

profile.country.GB.title
Beati3
Explorer

Thank you! I went to the link you provided and fiddled with my Google Assistant settings. Eventually my Note 8 showed up and I got the setup script. Not eactly sure which thing I did got it to work, but it works now, and I didn't unpair and repair. I'd say the Google Assistant app is the main thing that needs to be setup correctly, for my Note 8 anyway.

Thank you!

profile.country.GB.title
mean1979
Explorer

Thanks for this. I'm getting the same issues since the latest version of the firmware with Google assistant was released for the WF-1000X. When I remap the button I get the same message voiced through (although I was stuggling to work out if it says 'now connected' or 'not connected'. Either way it made no sense. I'll try and see if that makes any difference when I have the chance and follow this up with the outcome for anyone with the same issues. 

profile.country.GB.title
mayank0
New

Found the Solution! (Also made an account to post this)

As described above:

1. Unpair Headphones

2. Pair your headphones like it is your first time

What was not described above:

3. If Google assistant does not ask to set up, hold down your home key or your google assistant activation key

4. You will see a button in the Google assistant dialogue ("Finish setting up your headphones")

5. Follow the prompts and it should work!

Good luck!

profile.country.GB.title
treetoon
New

Had this problem on WH-1000XM3, turns out that you need that notification to set up; don't think there's any other way. Well.. I had disabled notifications from the google app.