Join now - be part of our community!

Help, I want to connect wireless headphones to my tv but can't figure out how

profile.country.GB.title
Alanthompson23
New

Help, I want to connect wireless headphones to my tv but can't figure out how

I have a KD-43XE7073 tv and a HT-MT300/MT301 soundbar but can't figure out how to connect a set of headphones that can remain plugged in permanently . I have both the tv and soundbar connected through the optical connection of which there is only one of. There is a 3.5mm jack plug but it's awkwardly placed and I'd prefer to figure out an option that would remain constantly plugged in. Is it possible to connect through the hdmi arc and if so what model of headphones uses this socket? 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'm not sure about this and would advise contacting the Support team for further advice here.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
micking80
Explorer

Hi Alan

I have recently set up my Sony KD-55X8509C TV with wireless bluetooth headphones and they work brilliantly.

Firstly you need a transmitter/receiver to send the bluetooth sound from TV to headphones. I bought the Trond 2 in 1 V4 1......https://www.amazon.co.uk/TROND-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver....cost £22.99 but think it costs a couple of £s more now. Because it was compatible, I also bought the Trond Wireless Bluetooth V4.2 Over Ear Headphones also from Amazon and they were about £42. 

Setting up was not easy for me but Trond Customer Support were very willing and helped me (in a series of emails) to work out what needed to be done. Pairing of the transmitter and headphones is straightforward. The transmitter is then connected to the TV headphone socket using the 3.5mm audio lead. I understand this set up is peculiar to Sony TVs so it might be different for other TV makes. The headphones are comfortable and the sound quality is very good but the volume controls are a bit fiddly. That said there are absolutely no lip sync issues.

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
micking80
Explorer

Hello Alan. Have you had any luck in setting up headphones etc?

profile.country.GB.title
micking80
Explorer

Have you managed to sort out your headphones issue?

profile.country.GB.title
Alanthompson23
New

No not yet

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
kelittl20
Explorer

go to currys  they have plug in to headphone socket  and at the end of that acradle to hang them on with recharge for batteries as they are wireless  {plug and play}

used these for years  sony panasonic and no doubt higher end  but i find these adequate

profile.country.GB.title
Alanthompson23
New

Thanks I'll give that a try

Sent from my iPhone