Join now - be part of our community!

Help please! WALKMAN NW-A45

dave567
New

Help please! WALKMAN NW-A45

I have bought an A45 to replace my old ipod and am using music centre software.I am having issues though- I have tracks that play fine on my pc and even on my walkman itself but wont play in music centre and have an exclamation mark in a triangle. Also,if I had these tracks to a playlist to transfer to my sd card they still dont play in the playlist (but same track plays fine on its own!) Driving me crazy. Can anyone help? Im a fitness instructor and need the playlists to work. Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the community.

There is a some Music Centre information here that may help you to troubleshoot. Let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes,

Ed

Muzomart
New

In my opinion I would not use the Music Centre software. If you use your PC/Mac explorer window the A45 and any SD card will show up as a drive. Just drag and drop your folders into the MUSIC folder on either one and everything will show up once the A45 creates the database. Use the folder search in the A45 and you will see the internal and external folders listed. They will be in the order of your songs when you transferred them. If there are any created playlists like m3u in your transferred folder they will automatically be put into the playlists on the A45. Or you can create your playlists either on the A45 or use something like Winamp or if you are desperate Windows Media Player, make sure they are m3u extensions. 

profile.country.GB.title
distyl

Hello dave567,

I agree with Muzomart. You don't really need Music Centre to transfer music to the player.

Good Luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I have no doubt this suggestion was made with the best possible intentions, but please be advised that Sony prohibits the uploading of content that contains music, software, images (still or moving), literary or artistic works or other material protected by intellectual property laws. However, you can contact our technical support team for assistance. You can find contact details here

profile.country.GB.title
distyl

OK, my mistake. I didn't even think about that. I only needed a way to troubleshoot the problem. I am changing my previous reply.