Join now - be part of our community!

Hissing ANC, Sony WH-1000XM2

Otvald
New

Hissing ANC, Sony WH-1000XM2

Hi,

I recently bought a pair of WH-1000XM2 headphones. When enabling Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), there is a low hissing in both hears. When disabling the ANC the noise disappears.

Other topics about this state that this is 'as expected' for ANC. However, I have now tried my collegues Bose and Sony (both old and new XM2). These *all* perform better than my pair.

Is buying WH-1000XM2 a hit-or-miss in regards to the ANC quality?

Does performance really differ between XM2 headphones (as I have experienced) or are my headphones faulty?

NOTE:  In test, I checked the configuration of XM2 headphones where the same. Running latest FW (problem also on previous FW).

Kind regards,

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

I've not heard of any similar complaints regarding this.

It might be best to speak with the retailer where you made your purchase who will be able to advise you further.  

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.NO.title
1234user
Explorer

Well, here's a similar complain. I do also experience that hiss/distant waterfall sound:

It hisses on "Noise Canceling" and "Wind Noise Reduction". But not on "Ambient Sound", unless "Focus on Voice" is activated. (There's also an additional hiss of a slightly different kind from "Ambient Sound" 10 to 20.)

I'm taking my headphones back to the retailer.