Join now - be part of our community!

How to get the best noise isolation for Sony WF-1000XM3?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
deve52
Explorer

How to get the best noise isolation for Sony WF-1000XM3?

Hi,

Are Comply foam earplugs effective at creating the best noise isolation ( including bass response, best fit )?

Are there any alternatives to foam and silicone eartips?

Regards,

Thomas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Thomas,

The supplied ear buds should work very well. If the NC effect is not as good as expected often the headphones are not worn as they should be. Please refer to the following video, that explains very good how to wear the headphones  best.

Cheers

Peter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Thomas,

The supplied ear buds should work very well. If the NC effect is not as good as expected often the headphones are not worn as they should be. Please refer to the following video, that explains very good how to wear the headphones  best.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
deve52
Explorer

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that. Much appreciated!

I think I will try the more dense (not sure if they're foam!?) tips. See how that goes.

Are there any third party tips on the market, like Comply?

Kindest Regards,

Thomas.

profile.country.GB.title
deve52
Explorer

Hi there Peter,

Brilliant news! I swapped the soft silicone tips for the large 'foam-like' tips. Wow!! That sound! Mesmerising! 'what have I been doing all this time?', I thought I was blown away by the fullness and spaciousness of the sound; so much so, that I meant just to try them for a few minutes...... two hours later, and the sound is probably the best I will get from in ear headphones, for sure!

I have both mp3 and FLAC files, and to be honest, I couldn't discern a lot of difference. I did have the DHSXX function on.

Is there any noticeable difference between mp3 and FLAC files, in your opinion?

Anyhow, I'm delighted! I just wished I'd done this a couple of months ago, when I bought them!

I'm trying to get photos of my ears accepted by Sony Connect app; it's not easy. I tried, but I still couldn't get it to work for me. Does the ear inspection improve personal sound profiles?

Kindest Regards again, and really look forward to hearing back from you,

Thomas.